What will you visit
• Matveevskoe village in the Ramenka river valley. The county untill the early 60s, today it presents the residential district on the West of Moscow
• Setun river valley and park on the West of Moscow. The area was once famous for manufactories, today preserves the historical spirit
• Kuntsevo village. Industrial village, which became part of Moscow back in 1960
• Terehovo village is one of the few ones that stayed within the Moscow Ring Road after the Moscow expansion in 1960
• Karamyshev sluice which is the first gateway that appears on the way from the center of Moscow to the North in the direction of the Volga river, so its architectural design is particularly solemn
• and other north-west Moscow parks and scenic areas
You have to know how to cycle and be able to do it for a few hours, so only physically prepared people can participate in the tour. Although we will adjust the tour to your physical condition, be prepared to cycle a lot :)
What’s included: non-alcoholic drinks, public transport tickets (on the way back)
!!! bicycle rent costs 500 rubles and not included in the tour price
Meeting point: “Universitet” (line #1) or “Lomonosovsky prospekt” (line #8A) metro stations, in front of the Moscow State University building (on the Sparrow Hills), on a large square
“Universitet” (line #1) or “Lomonosovsky prospekt” (line #8A) metro stations, in front of the Moscow State University building (on the Sparrow Hills), on a large square
210 to 270 minutes
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This tour does not have any reviews yet
For hundreds of years Moscow was expanding in all directions, swallowing dozens of surrounding villages and settlements. Nowadays some of these villages are still here, inside the city, and you have a good chance to see them.
The route goes through the Moscow “lungs” (parks, forests, river valleys), aside from busy streets, and gives you a breath of fresh air. It will take you to see the parts of the city not attended by tourists, but nevertheless fascinating - the fragile rural landscapes that in nowadays Moscow are passing away rapidly.