This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bali Zoo, Jl. Raya Singapadu, Sukawati 80582 Indonesia
Following hotel pickup, you will arrive at Bali Zoo to receive a brief introduction to the program while enjoying a complimentary snack and coffee or tea. Meet your English-speaking mahout who will tell you about the gentle giants you’re about to meet, provide information about their natural behavior, how to take care of them, and answer any questions you might have. You will be provided with a selection of fruit for feeding them and then proceed to the river bank where you’ll be introduced to the free-roaming giants and have a chance to feed, and interact with them.
After that, you will walk to play in the mud and sand spa. With a generous mix of earth, water, and fun, you get covered in mud along with your new elephant friends who love getting dirty. During this time, you will have a chance to observe their behavior. Eventually you will join them for a splash, bathe, and scrub down. Then you’ll return for a shower and change followed by a relaxing lunch until noon.
You’ll be free to explore the rest of the zoo and the collection of over 300 rare and exotic animals including rare and unique species. This experience is designed to not only enlighten you on the behavior of these magnificent mammals, but also leave you fulfilled having participated in one of the most unique outdoor adventures you will have during your stay in Bali whether visiting as a couple or the entire family.
• Please note that all activities mentioned will be based on the elephants, who are not forced to do any activity they do not want to do
• This program is suitable for adults 12 years old and above (Height minimum required is 110 cm for children below 12 years old)
• Hotel pickup covers Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Sanur and Ubud for morning session is at 7 am
• Do not forget to bring your bathing suit, sunscreen, insect repellent, walking shoes/sandals ,and change of clothes
• If booking exceeds 20 people, a buffet lunch will alternatively be served
Duration: 6 hours
Direct pick up and drop off to the guest's hotel
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
This tour does not have any reviews yet
Our new Care for the Sumatran Giants half-day package allowing guest to get down and dirty with our friendly pachyderms while discovering all about their behavior and lifestyle from our experienced mahout handlers.You’ll learn interesting facts such as, it is very common to find elephants basking in mud during the summer months because their high body temperature generates a great deal of metabolic heat. And with no sweat glands to relieve their internal thermometers they rely on mud to stay cool and protect themselves from the heat of the sun because even though their hide looks tough, elephants can actually get sunburned.
• Spend a day learning about and observing rescued gentle giants
• Follow the their footsteps and enjoy their day which includes eating local fruits, bathing, and playing with mud
• Join them for a splash shower
• Enjoy the inclusive lunch and explore Bali Zoo